Do you have a strong track record in project design around civic engagement, human rights, freedom of expression and in facilitating multi actor interventions? And are you a change maker with entrepreneurial spirit and a strong fundraising track record?
If so, you may be who we are looking for!
As programme development manager your focus will be on planning, scanning and generating new ideas, developing relationships with stakeholders (citizens, partners, donors) and facilitating the transformation of innovative ideas and solutions into sustainable programs and projects and it’s funding.
- Build relationships with new networks, activists and their organizations and donor agencies in order to translate and transform innovative ideas and solutions into sustainable programs and projects which are considered to represent attractive investment opportunities for donors;
- Design and develop concrete (pilot) projects countering shrinking civic space and promoting meaningful citizens’ engagement;
- Identify potentially interested financiers and mobilize resources for small and large scale interventions;
- Provide advice to project managers implementing projects in the field of freedom of expression, transparency and accountability, women’s empowerment and human rights and design new follow up phases or new projects;
- You will report to the Programme Director Middle East and North Africa and work closely with the colleagues of the MENA Team and of the OPEN Society Programme both at Hivos in Beirut and The Hague.
- At least 5 years of experience in program development and fundraising in the field of human rights, freedom of expression or civic engagement in the Middle East and North Africa. Experience working with multiple stakeholders (citizens, donor agencies, NGOs, private sector, media, government agencies);
- Your entrepreneurial spirit, passion and knowledge of the region will help you and the team to design and develop innovative programmes and financing models beyond the existing portfolio of Hivos programs. Communication skills both in Arabic and English;
- You are EU citizen or have a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org