We’re seeking a communications and technology specialist with strong content management and quantitative skills. As the digital media coordinator, you will package digital content produced by Open Society Foundations and ensure that it reaches target audiences through social media (both organic and paid) as well as through email updates and SEO. In addition, you will analyze metrics from a variety of channels with a focus on measuring content impact and engagement and identifying opportunities for optimization and testing.
You’ll coordinate Open Society’s online audience engagement, particularly on Facebook, Twitter, and the social web, and execute the digital strategy and performance recommendations for the Foundations’ online projects and branded platforms. This position reports to the director of digital and is based in New York.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
- work with editorial staff to produce, edit, and source digital content (text, images, audio, video) and ensure it aligns with Open Society’s digital strategy;
- assist the Social Media Analyst to report on trends related to Open Society issues and work using a variety of listening and analytic tools;
- respond to daily messages, inquiries, and comments on branded social media channels in a timely manner;
- promote social media and conduct training for staff, grantees, and partners on how it can enhance their work.
- coordinate video shoots and audio recordings with the multimedia producer and the Content Strategist;
- assist in production and editing of photography/video and audio, including webcasts.
- support routine digital production, including updates in contact and content management systems;
- help organize and manage multimedia assets, ensuring conformity to editorial standards and platform requirements.
- bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and 2-4 years of demonstrated experience managing and/or producing digital media, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- commitment to advocacy work for civil society, and, in particular, for the work supported by Open Society Foundations;
- experience working in communications with a focus on digital media, advocacy, and analytics;
- experience managing high visibility social media accounts on multiple platforms, preferably in an organization or company that works in multiple countries;
- familiarity with social media strategies, especially for international/multi-country audiences;
- experience with audio and video editing is preferred;
- interest in digital trends and technologies, particularly as applied to the advocacy space;
- ability to build and maintain strong relationships within teams and across programs, departmental units, and levels;
- familiarity with contact and content management systems such as Drupal, WordPress, MailChimp, and SalesForce;
- experience with digital outreach, including sending email updates, managing an email list, etc.;
- knowledge of tools and protocols for digital publishing, including HMTL, XML, CSS, etc.
To apply, please submit your CV, a cover letter, and a link to social media accounts you have managed.We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations, and we welcome and actively seek applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences