ASSIGNMENT DESCRIPTION: Source Strategies Analysts collaborate with customers and source providers to develop comprehensive multi-intelligence (multi-INT), multi-source strategies to address intelligence problems. They create tasking and dissemination requirements; adjudicate requirements; analyze and investigate collection performance; assess and report on end-to-end GEOINT system performance data; and advise customers in support of the National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG).
Additional Position Info
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Source Directorate serves the information needs of the intelligence, defense, and foreign policy communities and provides leadership on substantive issues, operations, tradecraft development, analytical tools and techniques to its partners and GEOINT customers worldwide.
Mandatory Qualification Reqs
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online applications must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement's mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
1. Demonstrated experience with Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR) operations affecting and supporting GEOINT tasking collection.
2. Experience working collaboratively with members of the Intelligence Community, including senior officials, to provide a multi-discipline approach to DoD and IC collection requirements.
3. Demonstrated experience creating tasking and dissemination requirements, adjudicating requirements, analyzing and investigating collection performance, assessing and reporting on end-to-end GEOINT system performance data, and advising customers in support of the National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG).
4. Demonstrated skill in creating and presenting briefings to meet the needs of various audiences, including senior officials.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: A. Education: Bachelor's degree in Cartography, Cultural Area Studies, Earth Sciences, Environmental Science, Geodesy, Geography, Geology, Geographic Information Systems, History, Hydrography, Hydrology, Imagery Science, International Affairs/Studies, Liberal Studies, Oceanography, Photogrammetry, Physical Science, Political Science, Remote Sensing, or a related discipline. -OR- B. Combination of Education and Experience: A minimum of 24 semester (36 quarter) hours of coursework in any area listed in option A plus experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the duties associated with this work. As a rule, 30 semester (45 quarter) hours of college education is equivalent to one year of experience. Candidates should show that their combination of education and experience totals 4 years. -OR- C. Experience: Six years of significant applied experience in the intelligence field, Imagery Analysis, the use of current GIS tools, or work related to the fields listed in A above.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT: Near visual acuity of 20/40 or better with or without corrective lenses; Far visual acuity of 20/60 or better binocular with or without corrective lenses.
Highly Desired Skills
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
1. Experience working as part of a cohesive team with demonstrated high quality results or output.
2. Personal flexibility and adaptability for shifts/changes in crisis situations enabling the successful handling of unforeseen challenges inherent to working in a high-visibility environment.
3. Experience or familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
4. Geospatial-based credentials (academic degrees, certifications, and certificates) are desired.
5. Experience applying intelligence sources to solve problems and issues.
6. Understanding of DoD intelligence collection requirements and the National Intelligence Priority Framework (NIPF).
7. Knowledge of the Source Integrated Strategies Divisions and the Department Requirements Office (DRO).
8. Working knowledge of collection management and ISR tools/applications.
How To Apply - External
Application submission involves applying using the Intelligence Community's Applicant Gateway on-line application process.
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
As a condition of employment at NGA, persons being considered for employment must meet NGA fitness for employment standards.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Security Clearance (Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information)
- Polygraph Test Required
- Position Subject to Drug Testing
- Two Year Probationary Period
- Direct Deposit Required
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org