Women Enabled International (WEI) is searching for a brilliant Executive Assistant who will join our Washington, DC office to meticulously support WEI’s Executive Director and legal, development, and operations teams in the fulfillment of our mission. The Executive Assistant will be steeped in WEI’s operational and programmatic priorities to provide substantial administrative, logistical, and occasional research, writing and editing support, all while remaining nimble and responsive to our dynamic environment.
Exceptionally organized, proactive, creative, and, most of all, persistent, the Executive Assistant will be deft at juggling multiple responsibilities while problem-solving and troubleshooting on many fronts. In addition to being an extraordinary administrative professional, the Executive Assistant must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the tact and discretion to communicate graciously with our global partners and external stakeholders. With responsibilities that range from arranging complex travel itineraries and processing expense reports to driving logistics for high-level global meetings for WEI’s partners, board and leadership, the Executive Assistant must exemplify excellence in every task, large or small. This is a challenging and exciting position at the heart of WEI’s cross-cutting team, with a unique vantage point into the operations of a rising global women’s rights and disability rights organization.
This position is full-time and based in our Washington, D.C. office to begin as soon as possible. The Executive Assistant will support WEI’s mission to advance the rights of women and girls with disabilities internationally in a variety of tasks, working with our team based in Washington, D.C. and New York City.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide administrative support to WEI’s legal, development, and operations teams, including maintaining files, maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, making copies, sending mail, drafting correspondence, and managing and maintaining database records;
· Coordinate and serve as a main point of contact for international convenings and other special events, including handling invitations and RSVPs, negotiating hotel contracts, travel arrangements, and other logistics;
· Assist with scheduling and facilitating communications, meetings, and listservs via email, Skype, phone, and online meeting platforms;
· Coordinate WEI Board meetings and other internal and external meetings, including developing agendas in consultation with WEI programmatic staff, tracking RSVPs, taking meeting minutes, and performing follow up duties as necessary;
· Proofread and format documents;
· Support the drafting of WEI annual reports and grant reporting;
· Maintain email alert database and draft and format e-alerts;
· Contribute to WEI’s social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Linked In, using a social media dashboard and recruit and supervise social media interns;
· Support the implementation of WEI projects and grant activities, including through discreet research assignments and special projects; and
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Position may require some international travel.
· B.A., with a preference for applicants who have a degree in a relevant field (e.g., Political Science, Human Rights, International Affairs, Women’s Studies, Disability Rights, Communications, or similar.)
· Demonstrated administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
· Strong organizational, multitasking, and time management skills.
· Demonstrated excellence in writing, research, and communication.
· Ability to work with diverse communities and excellent interpersonal skills.
· Commitment to furthering WEI’s mission of advancing the rights of women and girls with disabilities.
· Experience organizing in-person conferences, meetings and events, including facilitating international travel arrangements for participants and negotiating hotel contracts.
· Experience with online communication and meeting platforms such as Skype, GoTo Meeting, Survey Monkey, Mailchimp, social media dashboards, etc.
· Proficiency in document editing & MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher.)
· Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
· Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org