- Work closely with the Country Director and IYF Kazakhstan cross-functional technical staff to support and contribute to IYF Kazakhstan programs, through conceptualization, design, planning, development, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, communications, implementation, reporting on programs and activities in accordance with donor expectations, grant agreements, and work plans.
- Provide daily monitoring of the program and tracking status of beneficiaries during the training and after completion.
- Oversee the correct administration of M&E tools and protocols for the Zangar program according to the Zangar Performance Measurement Plan in accordance with IYF M&E standards, tools and protocols, coordinate with IYF Baltimore for any needed tool development or updating.
- Track/manage regular data collection, review data submitted by grantees, correct any errors in data collection to ensure data are clean, complete and accurate, help prepare materials for quarterly program progress reports in a timely manner.
- Responsible for data reporting to the supervisor, IYF Baltimore, donor and other periodic reporting as required. Provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making. Review partner reports.
- Oversee and support the training of program grantees on the accurate use of M&E tools, providing ongoing coaching/support to grantees through regular site monitoring visits, and ensuring quality control and problem solving as needed.
- Provide technical support in developing and managing capacity building support for IYF local partners, NGOs and/or government partners and other relevant stake-holders involved in the Kazakhstan program, with specific focus on M&E and communications.
- Oversee the implementation of all communication activities according to the Zangar Communication Plan.
- Ensure regular IYF blog posting including generation of ideas, interview subjects, writing and reviewing the content of other IYF Kazakhstan program staff with support from IYF Marketing and Communications.
- Oversee communications needs, including writing press releases, local outreach to media – establish and maintain good and professional relationships with local journalists/outlets.
- Manage Zangar’s social media accounts, post regularly.
- Support the organization of community outreach events and other community based activities as part of the program.
- Provide support to the Country Director in ensuring quality implementation of Community Advisory Council initiative.
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with donors, partners, relevant government authorities, private sector partners, and other key stakeholders as assigned.
- Provide significant support to the logistical and organizational aspects of program planning, including the securing of training and meeting venues, preparing and printing outreach materials, and the coordination and set up of program activities at specific community events.
- Stay up to date with national and regional mass media, education policies, strategies and plans.
- Complete other duties as assigned including meetings, calls, conference, and more.
- Understanding and demonstrated knowledge of youth development, issues affecting young people and their preparation for employment, and the education system in Kazakhstan.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match different audiences, draft reports and technical memoranda.
- Strong collaboration and partnership building skills. Experience in working, and developing partnerships with, corporate donors would be an asset.
- Ability to interact, establish and maintain effective working relations with a culturally diverse team, as a team member, to build trust, and to manage in a deliberate, transparent and predictable way.
- Strong coordination and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity.
- Proven organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to interact with a wide range of partners and government officials.
- The ability to work successfully within a variety of cross-cultural settings and make judgments in a fast-paced environment, including taking direction from multiple sources.
- Ability to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to monitor progress against milestones and deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and provide quality and timely support.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure.
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English, Kazakh and Russian required.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of education, social sciences, socio economic studies or another related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in project management.
- Academic training/specialized coursework or experience in program performance monitoring and evaluation required.
- Experience in external communications/PR and Social Media Marketing management required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org