Global Kids, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, organized and knowledgeable professional who is experienced in youth development, global education, and social action, as well as in working in New York City public middle schools. Position begins July 2018.
Oversee SONYC middle school program(s) including:
-supervising site staff in maintaining high quality youth development and global educational programs
-conducting formal and informal performance evaluations, including conducting program quality observations and providing immediate feedback
-supporting on-site staff with curriculum development and program implementation.
-ensuring on-site program staff are effectively implementing programs that are aligned with and meet school goal, contractual expectations, and GK Outcomes.
Program Development and Support
● Master’s degree in related field (e.g. Education, International Relations, etc.) and five (5) years of relevant full time professional experience.
● Direct experience working with and designing curriculum for middle school populations.
● Experience managing multiple contracts with demanding performance measures and outcomes.
● Strong understanding of wide array of NYC social service resources for youth and families, as well as city (DYCD), state and federally funded contracted programs
● Experience supervising personnel and managing teams
● Experience using interactive experiential learning strategies, counseling and conflict resolution skills, and youth development/leadership strategies in culturally diverse settings with youth.
● Strong interest in global issues, political science, history, and social activism.
● Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
● Initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to juggle multiple tasks independently.
● Strong communication, writing, organizational, and technology skills.
● SACC accreditation a plus.
Please send a resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and three references. Please indicate “Associate Director of Middle School Programs” in the subject line of the email. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries; please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org