EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
The Director of Individual Giving will lead the organization’s strategy for creating new and renewed business with individual donors globally. Works closely with the President and CEO and the Board of Directors to manage key relationships. Develops and adheres to annual targets.
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., public health, international development, business administration);
- Eight (8) years of senior professional fundraising experience at a leadership level;
- Managed a portfolio of significant donors to the value of at least $5M;
- Managed annual giving campaigns, planned-giving, direct mail programs, database management, and gifts processing;
- Understand the giving environment, including relationships with key givers and individuals;
- Technical knowledge or exposure to sexual and reproductive health (family planning, maternal and child health) and rights;
- Fundraising experience, particularly with individual donors at the significant-gift level;
- Experience managing other employees;
- Flexibility/willingness to travel internationally and domestically, as needed.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Partnering and relationship building skills, externally and internally, including working strategically with multiple stakeholders;
- Solid development writing ability;
- Presentation skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Experience with fundraising database software, preferably Raiser’s Edge;
- International non-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) industry experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org