Global Fund for Children partners to build a world where all youth are safe, strong, and valued. We pursue this mission by investing in innovative, locally led organizations, helping them deepen their impact and build their capacity for social change. To further advance and protect the rights of children and youth, GFC supports its partners to engage in grassroots advocacy initiatives to effect policy change from the local level. Since our founding nearly 25 years ago, GFC has invested nearly $40 million in over 600 grassroots organization around the world. Our work advances the rights of children and youth across four focus areas: education; gender equity; youth empowerment; and freedom from violence and exploitation.
The Development Associate is primarily responsible for assisting with fundraising and development efforts, including efforts to grow and help manage the Global Fund for Children’s portfolio of strategic partnerships. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, helping to build and steward current relationships, targeted prospect research, helping to prepare presentations, pitches, and proposals, and ensuring that reporting, and other funder requirements are tracked and met in a timely fashion. This individual works closely with the Director of Development to develop and implement creative strategies to secure new partnerships, initiate strategies to encourage current donors to increase their level of giving and engage more fully with the institution, and to achieve and exceed fundraising income targets. In addition, the Development Associate will partner with the Development Officer of Institutional Giving when opportunities arise to develop joint engagement and relationship-building strategies for corporate and foundation donors. This position reports to the Director of Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in preparing presentations, solicitation letters, proposals, reports and other fundraising material as necessary, and assist with drafting of budgets and financial information
· Assist with building and developing new relationships with prospective donors and enacting fundraising strategies in collaboration with Director of Development
· Liaise with program and finance staff to share grant requirements and reporting expectations and ensure all deliverables are met
· Maintain donor information in the database, including contact information, dates of and notes from meetings, reporting and submission deadlines, and correspondence with donor staff
· Collaborate with GFC’s communication and marketing team on events and campaigns to maximize income potential from all opportunities and partnerships
· Maintain awareness of GFC funding, donor trends and industry changes
· Provide day to day administrative and operational support to the Development Team
· Excellent communication and writing skills, combined with strong organizational and relationship building skills
· Creative and strategic thinking skills, ability to design initiatives and proposals to engage donors and prospects
· Collaborative team player with high degree of personal initiative and accountability
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines independently
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising
· Good judgment, tact, patience, and sense of humor
· Familiarity with children right programming or experience in international development
· Foreign language abilities
· Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge software
The position is based in Washington, DC. Some domestic and international travel may be required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary expectations and writing samples.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org