The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves (Alliance) is at the forefront of efforts to address the negative impacts of cooking with heavily-polluting stoves and fuels, which is a leading cause of household air pollution and a barrier to good health, a healthy environment, and multiple global development goals. With staff across five continents, the Alliance has galvanized nearly 2,000 public and private sector organizations globally to help address this critical challenge, leveraging a market-based, systems approach to achieve universal access to clean cooking solutions by 2030.
The Associate will assist in all aspects of the Alliance’s communications and outreach efforts, including creating written and visual content, managing digital communications, facilitating internal communications, copy-editing, producing social media and blogs, conducting media and partner research, and other tasks as assigned. The Associate reports to the Senior Director of Global Partnerships and Communications, working closely with Alliance colleagues, and in collaboration with the UN Foundation’s Public Affairs team.
- General: Support all aspects of the Alliance’s communications and outreach efforts;
- Writing and editing: Assists with production and editing of diverse written products, such as press releases, op-eds, statements, fact sheets, blogs, etc;
- Social Media: Assists in developing and implementing an outreach strategy for social media to promote Alliance’s work and raise awareness about the sector;
- Media Relations: Helps build and diligently maintain an extensive media list that includes U.S. and international journalists, producers and bloggers. Arranges interviews for spokespeople, including coordinating logistics and briefing materials;
- Monitoring and reporting: Regularly tracks and documents outreach activities
- Web: Assists with producing and managing content for the Alliance website;
- Event Planning: Assists in organizing various events, such as panel discussions, press conferences and others;
- Support development, production, and promotion of Alliance monthly newsletter, including helping to manage contacts lists via a CRM system.
- Bachelor's degree in international affairs, public policy, journalism, or communications, plus 2-4 years of experience in communications or public relations (including substantive internships), is required.
- Experience with communications and public relations in international affairs field or setting is strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing, interpersonal, and oral communications skills.
- A keen sense of what makes and shapes the news, and the ability to make well-informed decisions in targeting appropriate media outlets and reporters.
- Experience with tools and software, such as EveryAction, SalesForce, Vocus, and Critical Mention
- A strong knowledge of new media including blogs, social networking and emerging online news outlets.
- Knowledge of and passion for global health, gender empowerment, and climate issues is essential.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations – collaborator; problem solver; relationship-builder; and strong inter-personal skills.
- Able to engage in stress tolerance and resilience; possesses a sense of humor; be highly organized and open to learning new skills; demonstrates grace under pressure; and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- A willingness to travel (up to 25%), and the ability to interact with people from diverse, multi-cultural backgrounds.
- A demonstrated knowledge of global issues and the UN system, and an understanding of the UN Foundation’s mission, programs, strategies and goals.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- A choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP with HSA),
- dental insurance,
- vision discounts,
- flexible spending accounts,
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution,
- group term and supplemental life insurance,
- short-term disability,
- long-term disability,
- health club discounts,
- commuter benefits, and
- employee assistance program.
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of parental leave.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org