EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
In consultation with the Director of Individual Giving, the Specialist oversees direct mail program, tracks goals, responsible for researching, identifying, and conducting outreach to new individual donors, and supports stewardship of existing donors.
This is a senior associate level union position under EngenderHealth’s collective bargaining agreement with the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 153, AFL-CIO and subject to union dues.
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., public health, international development, business administration);
- Three (3) years of experience in development, strategizing goals, managing individual giving programs, and writing proposals;
- Database experience using relational and customer relationship management (CRM) systems, for example, Raiser’s Edge and Sphere;
- Experience creating and managing program reports from a variety of sources using formulas, sorting, conditional formatting, Vlookup, and pivot tables (e.g., Excel, Crystal);
- Technical skills to include business email system (e.g., Outlook) and the ability to create .pdf files, hyperlinks, tables, presentations, format layout, configure print functionality, and import/export content from other sources using Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Reader;
- Fluency in English, which includes the use of accurate grammar;
- Experience speaking and presenting publicly in front of small groups;
- Experience tailoring communication approaches to an intended audience;
- Ability to give examples of confidentiality methods, for example, donor confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to prioritize tasks, positively influence others, and meet deliverables;
- Interpersonal skills to build internal and external relationships quickly;
- Ability to work as an effective team member and collaboratively with other stakeholders;
- Organized, high level of accuracy, and meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to learn the business and fully understand how and why tasks satisfy business needs.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- International non-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) industry experience;
- Experience in the areas of reproductive health, women's rights, or international development.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org