Climate Alliance is looking for a Project Officer to join its highly motivated and multilingual Brussels team and work on EU-Covenant-related activities. His/her tasks will include:
EU Covenant of Mayors initiative
- Organise and facilitate theme- and/or country-specific capacity building activities (workshops, webinars, forums…) for Covenant signatories and other relevant partners;
- Support the implementation of the national approach of the Covenant framework in selected EU member states;
- Develop and/or update guidance materials for Covenant signatories (e.g. guidelines, thematic leaflets, online capacity-sharing corner);
- Support the further development of the Covenant web portal (e.g. concept development, liaison with IT developers, testing, bug reporting);
- Contribute to the monitoring of the initiative implementation (e.g. aggregated statistics and performance indicators);
- Support the communication activities around the Covenant initiative (e.g. collection of good practice examples, development of a Covenant Award concept);
- Liaise with various stakeholders at all levels to support the implementation of the Covenant of Mayors (e.g. management task forces, thematic coalitions with relevant partners, group of practitioners and local experts etc.);
- Represent the Covenant of Mayors in conferences and technical meetings;
- Support the Covenant of Mayors team in other management tasks related to the Covenant daily operation (e.g. team meetings, progress reporting).
- Assist the Climate Alliance team in any other daily activities of the association (communication, policy work, project proposal development, project management, thematic working group coordination).
- At least 5 years of relevant postgraduate professional experience;
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. energy, climate change, urban planning, EU policies) - Applicants with an interdisciplinary educational background are also encouraged to apply;
- Technical knowledge of energy, mitigation and/or climate adaptation planning and practices, greenhouse gas measurement and/or climate risk and vulnerability assessment;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences;
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multitask;
- Experience in event and meeting organisation;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Dynamic, pro-active and out-of-the-box thinker.
- Experience working with/for local authorities;
- Experience working in an international environment, particularly working across different cultures and languages, and able to work with a high level of initiative and autonomy when required;
- Experience in data reporting and management;
- Good knowledge of the Covenant of Mayors initiative;
- Good knowledge of EU policy in the field of climate and energy;
- Proficiency/very good command in other (preferably Eastern) European languages.
The contract will be made between the individual and Climate Alliance under the Belgian law. The corresponding assignment is based on a 2-year full-time contract (with a possibility to be extended / converted into a permanent position) starting as soon as possible. Climate Alliance offers a benefits package (incl. paid leave / ‘pécule de vacances’ & lunch vouchers) and a positive working environment.
Applicants must have the legal right to be employed in Belgium. To apply, please send a motivation letter and your CV (in Europass format, with reference con- tacts).
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org