The Senior Program Assistant will be supporting a variety of projects across SI’s three divisions: Impact Evaluation, Performance Evaluation, and Strategy, Performance & Capacity Building. The Senior Program Assistant will work on projects across geographic areas and technical sectors, with clients such as the US Agency for International Development, Department of State, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation. The Program Assistant will report to a Senior Program Manager. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to project teams, including consulting agreements, arranging travel, hotels, visas, and insurances for travelling team members.
- Orient consultant team members to procedures for working with SI.
- Facilitate communication/collaboration between SI Program Managers, consultants, and client.
- Under the supervision of Program Manager, draft and copyedit documents and reports.
- Monitor program budgets and reconcile expenditures.
- Organize and schedule training events associated with various SI contracts.
- Serve as “Acting” Program Manager, as needed.
- Under supervision of a Program Manager, provide technical support to large-scale survey research. This may include developing survey instruments and protocols, programming survey forms, managing and cleaning data sets, and supporting preliminary analysis in Stata.
- Under supervision of a Program Manager, provide technical support to qualitative research, such as coding qualitative data and conducting desk research.
- As needed and under supervision of a Program Manager, provide inputs on bids and proposals including background research, recruitment, and proposal drafting.
- As needed and able, participate in field work, such as piloting data collection instruments, enumerator training, or data collection oversight.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Statistics, or related subject (required).
- Minimum one year of work experience
- Coursework in international development, statistics, and/or program evaluation (strongly preferred).
- Familiarity with data analysis software such as Stata (strongly preferred).
- Previous work experience providing administrative and logistical support (strongly preferred).
- Research experience (preferred).
- Foreign language fluency (preferred).
- Work or study experience abroad (preferred).
- Excellent English language verbal communication and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong people management skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing, Excel, and desktop publishing applications.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org