Team and Function: Brussels Office, Government and Public Affairs
Starting date: late August/September 2018
Duration: 6 months
As an intern with the HEINEKEN Brussels Public Affairs office within the Corporate Affairs department, you will support HEINEKEN’s Public Affairs agenda in Europe with research, analysis, drafting and organisational work.
Tasks will include research on policy topics, following events and Parliamentary debates, supporting the development of position papers, Q&As and briefings and supporting with the organisation of events and outreach programmes.
This internship is ideal for someone who wants to get practical working experience as part of a multinational Corporate Affairs team within a global business, working on government and public affairs issues.
- Self-starting, social and independent person who can work in a busy small office;
- Enjoys getting to grips with new issues, keeping up to date with new developments and thinking through how messages can best be presented;
- Knowledge and experience of working within or with the EU institutions or an educational background in this area;
- Excellent English language writing skills and knowledge of at least one other European language (Dutch would be a plus);
- An international perspective with the ability to work with people from different cultures and countries;
- A good knowledge of PowerPoint, MS Office as well as relevant social media channels for stakeholder engagement;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent;
- Affinity with international relations and public policy is appreciated.
- Working alongside the Head of the Office in Brussels and with the broader the Global Corporate Affairs team in Head Office in Amsterdam, as well as with other colleagues from across the business;
- Conducting research and preparing briefings on key issues and analysing policy documents;
- Supporting with the organising of outreach programme and events;
- Monitoring policy developments, media and stakeholder activity on key issues for HEINEKEN.
To apply please submit your CV and a cover letter to Sarah Boselli, Head of EU Public Affairs.
This is a paid internship. Only candidates who have selected for interview will be contacted. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org