The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Stars and Stripes Pacific, Yokota, Japan
Learn more about this agency
- Performs substantive editing for news, sports, and feature articles involving preliminary reading of articles to ensures that material is clearly presented and appropriate for the level of audience and that conclusions are valid and supported.
- Assists the writer in solving problems during various stages of his/her work. Examines the organization, length, style, and tone of submissions and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Verifies the information presented by research or consultation with co-workers, writers, SMEs, contractors, DoD agencies, and other individuals within government and private sector organizations as appropriate.
- Rewrites to organize, balance, and complete deficient submissions to meet publishing objectives as appropriate.
- Copy edits articles applying rules contained in the Associated Press (AP) and Stars and Stripes style guides. Ensures compliance with copyright, Privacy Act, and all other applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- A valid US driver's license is required
- Pre-employment physical exam is required
1. Three years of specialized work experience directly related to the duties described above.
2. Demonstrated work experience must include 1 year equivalent in complexity and difficulty to the next lower pay band level.
Preferred are those candidates who possess a 4-yr course of study leading to a Bachelor's degree in journalism and related work experience as described above.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org