The Consulate General of Canada in New York is seeking a dynamic individual to join our forward thinking team of professionals responsible for promoting, advancing and strengthening Canada’s trade and public policy interests with the United States. The individual will be innovative, have strong networking skills, is highly organized, adaptable, a team player with experience in international business, client and operations management to advance Canada’s interest in the cultural and creative industries –with a focus in the music industry.
The position has a specified period of employment until March 31,2023, with the possibility of an extension depending on operational needs. This competitive staffing process may be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates for this position with various tenures, including indeterminate, term, assignment/transfer, and/or acting opportunities at the Consulate General of Canada in New York, which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
· Persons living in the New York Tri-State Area;
· Employees of the Permanent Mission to the United Nations or Canadian Consulate General in New York;
· Employees of any Canadian Mission in the United States (Relocation will not be paid in any circumstance);
· Spouses and dependents of Canada-based staff at the two New York Missions.
All applicants must:
· Be resident in the United States; and
· Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter by the closing date. The one-page cover letter must:
o Demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements, including language, education and experience;
o Confirm residency in the United States;
o Confirm independent work authorization in the United States.
Note: Failure to provide any of the information required above will result in your application being rejected. All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org