MedTech Europe is the European trade association representing the medical technology industries, from diagnosis to cure. They represent Diagnostics and Medical Devices manufacturers operating in Europe.
MedTech Europe is currently looking for a Regulations and Industrial Policy Officer.
- In collaboration with the Director Regulations & Industrial Policy plan, coordinate & execute MedTech Europe's 2 Regulatory Affairs Committees' activities;
- Together with the relevant Chairs, coordinate other Regulatory Groups' activities, e.g., the 2 Software Working Groups & the Team monitoring the potential revision of the EU Blood, Tissues & Cells Legislation;
- Contribute to developing & nurturing partnerships with EU Stakeholders, follow regulatory activities closely & interact with the appropriate European & external institutions;
- Present MedTech's regulatory activities' status to the members;
- Represent members at EU level;
- Collect input from members & feed industry comments into responses to public consultations in the relevant policy domain;
- Suggest opportunities for new work items, advocacy, communication & training & contribute to their realisation;
- Develop position papers & presentations to support projects & programmes;
- Monitor EU Legislation & Case Law;
- Alert MedTech hierarchy & members to issues ahead of time;
- Update the public & members-only versions of the MedTech Europe Website.
- Master's Degree in (Bio-)medical, Natural Sciences, Legal or Political Sciences;
- 2 years' experience in EU Affairs, Healthcare Policy, Government Administration or Healthcare Industry roles;
- Excellent English (written & spoken), other EU languages are an asset;
- Excellent written & spoken communication skills, especially the ability to communicate the salient aspects of technical matters to non-technical audiences;
- Ability to easily engage peers & external stakeholders from a wide variety of cultural, linguistic & technical backgrounds;
- Project Management skills;
- Experience in leading or working in projects with diverse teams, but also alone as needed;
- Experience of or within the EU institutions a plus;
- Sound Microsoft Office.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org