The International Youth Foundation (IYF), a global nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide, is seeking a Program Coordinator to support IYF’s workforce development programs in the United States. The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with project management and/or youth workforce development experience in the United States and strong organizational and administrative support skills as well as the ability to quickly learn and thrive in a fast-paced environment. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
To provide technical and operational support to IYF’s workforce development programs in the United States (US) as well as other program coordination and partnership development efforts.
- Provide technical coordination and operational support to workforce training programs in the US, including regular support and interface with implementation partners in cities across the country.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects, including knowledge of donor rules/regulations to ensure compliance, along with related IYF policies/procedures for project grants and contracts in particular.
- Conduct specific research and draft reports, as needed, in support of city and community situation analyses in workforce development and employability issues, proposal preparation, communications/marketing materials, and for other regional information needs.
- Coordinate and track the development and processing of program grants and contracts to ensure timely receipt, approval, processing and payment.
- Assist with tracking of evaluation data for programs in the U.S.
- Assist the Program Director and the Program Manager in drafting MOUs, detailed implementation plans, quarterly and annual reports, and contracts and agreements.
- Assist project team, including with arrangement of flights, lodging, meetings, workshops/events (including agendas/materials), securing visas, and other relevant travel documents and expense reports.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment related to providing support and assistance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Ability to identify problems in a timely manner, make recommendations toward solving problems, and work well in group problem solving situations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team, as well as an ability to carry out tasks independently. Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required. Thorough knowledge and experience in filing systems, and general office procedures preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills which must be effective and courteous, requiring high integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures and languages.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with SalesForce a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field relevant to IYF’s mission and programs (Social Science, Economics, International Relations, Public Policy) plus 1-3 years of work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, programs that support youth employment, education/training, and/or social services in the United States preferred.
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation systems very helpful.
- Commitment to IYF’s mission.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org