Under the supervision of the Progress Report Manager, the Coordinator is responsible for providing coordination and support for the development of Progress of the World’s Women; leading the coordination of the production of the report and its associated products; contributing to communications and outreach activities, including the report’s launches and its web and social media presence; and serving as the monitoring and evaluation focal point for the report.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide coordination, resource mobilization and donor relations support in the planning for the development of Progress of the World’s Women:
- Draft and maintain the project timeline and production schedule, ensuring that planning mechanisms are established to meet the deliverables for the project;
- Oversee the project’s budget and procurement plan, including relevant procurement and HR processes and contracts, working with the Programme Associate;
- Act as the focal point on donor relations;
- Draft and prepare grant proposals for submission, manage donor agreements;
- Keep track of donor reporting deadlines; draft donor reports with the input of the Progress Manager, and submit the reports in line with reporting guidelines.
Lead the coordination of the production of the report and its associated products:
- Participate in brainstorming meetings and in-house discussions on various aspects of the report’s planning and production, including on the theme and structure of the report;
- Secure vendor contracts for editing, design, web development, printing, translation of the report; develop and manage contracts for consultants;
- Support the commissioning of background papers by developing terms of reference, overseeing contracts and keeping track of deliverables and payments;
- Coordinate the advisory group and organize advisory group meetings, including identifying members, drafting letters of invitation, communicating with the group and organizing meetings with the support of the Programme Associate on travel and logistics, and drafting the meeting reports;
- Maintain the project’s editorial guidelines and serve as the copy editing focal point for the project to ensure that all material produced adheres to the project’s editorial style;
- Ensure the finalization of all content, and coordinate the fact checking process for the project, as well as the references, and front and back matter;
- Coordinate the design and layout of the report, and working closely with the design vendors, develop a unique visual identity of the report in line with UN women branding guidelines;
- Work with statisticians and chapter authors to develop ideas for data visualizations and infographics;
- Coordinate the web presence of the report, working with the relevant internal colleagues and external vendors;
- Liaise with the printers to organize printing of the report and manage print schedules in line with the launch dates.
Contribute to communications and outreach activities, including the report’s launches and its web and social media presence:
- Coordinate and provide inputs to the overall outreach and engagement strategy for the project;
- Support logistical and administrative support in the organization the global launches and media outreach;
- Act as the focal point for regional launches and coordinate outreach for additional events and initiatives outlined in the strategy
- Initiate distribution of the reports to all stakeholders, starting with UN Women offices;
- Provide assistance, as needed, in the preparation of materials for the launch of Progress and ongoing advocacy efforts, including country fact sheets and other presentation materials;
- Post-launch, serve as the web content manager for the project website to ensure that information is up-to-date and material is added to the site as needed.
Serve as the monitoring and evaluation focal point for the report:
- Refine the existing monitoring strategy and develop a monitoring plan for the report;
- With the Progress Report manager, identify indicators for measuring the reach, quality and effectiveness of the report based on the monitoring strategy;
- Put in place tools and strategies for gathering information on the above indicators, such as reader surveys, etc.;
- Monitor and track the report once launched, and develop a report on the results against the indicators on a yearly basis to be used in reporting and future evaluations.
Contribute to the broader work of the Research and Data section at UN Women.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate operational support to the development of the Progress Report, in line with workplan, budget and scope;
- Draft funding proposals and donor report. Reports and proposals are submitted in a timely manner;
- High quality report design and layout;
- Timely implementation of launch and dissemination of report;
- Proper monitoring of report plan.
- Respect for Diversity.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Strong coordination skills including proven ability to manage complex production tasks and events, coordinate logistics, and ensure completion and dissemination of reports;
- Strong writing and editing skills in English; French or Spanish in addition will be an asset;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Good understanding of and commitment to gender equality and women’s empowerment and its policy implications;
- Ample knowledge and use of computer office tools (Word, referencing software, databases, spreadsheets, web content production, filing);
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and in a cooperative and productive fashion both with internal and external colleagues;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, and ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environments; ability to build and promote partnerships across the organization and beyond;
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects whilst maintaining high-quality and timeliness.
Required Skills and Experience
- Post-graduate degree in development studies, gender, international relations, media/communications, or a related discipline. Background in project management is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience combined at national and/or international levels in advocacy, project management and communications. Previous experience working on gender advocacy products and/or major institutional reports;
- Proven experience in project management;
- Experience working with graphic designers, website designers, visual media producers, and other vendors.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language, especially French or Spanish is an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org