Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
Are you an international development professional with a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights? Do you get a deep sense of satisfaction from ensuring high quality project and program management? If so, this job may be for you!
Ipas’s ideal Program Manager (PM) on the Africa Program Support Team is an international development professional with strong project management experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, with commitment to advancing women and girls’ sexual and reproductive health and rights. The PM provides support and guidance to 2 country programs and works closely with country leadership to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, and within scope.
The PM anticipates challenges and works closely with country leadership to identify issues and help create solutions. The country leadership counts on the PM to be available and responsive to their needs. The PM is expected to be proactive, resolve issues as they arise and identify issues that may hinder country program performance.
The PM is the primary representative and advocate for the country program in the North Carolina headquarters and works across operational and technical units with a strong focus on efficiency and effectiveness for the country programs, contributing to the achievement of the strategic, operational and sustainability goals. The PM can support multiple large and/or complex country programs and requires the ability and confidence to take initiative, work independently with minimal oversight, make quick decisions, and exercise strong managerial skills.
Country Program Champion
- Serve as the primary contact to country offices and liaises between country programs, the Program Support Team and technical and operational support units
- Connect diverse teams and personnel throughout the organization to support problem-solving, and address needs of the country program (programmatic and technical)
- Disseminate information, updates and guidance to country programs and assist with implementation of organizational policies, systems, procedures, performance and priorities
- Contribute towards the conceptualization of program strategy and support the execution of programmatic, financial, operational, legal and governance tasks
- Support the country teams to track award budgets; work closely with financial analysts to support implementation of financial management tools including review and analysis of financial data
- Manage and support donor reporting process, including development of reports and ensuring quality, timely submission and compliance across a diverse set of donor agreements, including sub-awards, working with the award management unit as needed
- Lead NC-based support to country-based project design and proposal development, including new project budget development, as assigned
- Conduct routine data monitoring and program analyses to track progress against key indicators using performance metrics in collaboration with country teams
- Ensure PST senior leadership and other staff members are aware of relevant issues; keeping them informed of significant developments and issues pertaining to the country programs
- Provide program and project management capacity-building as needed
- Coordinate with CDs and country leadership team to ensure timely and appropriate implementation of clinical and financial audit recommendations
- Maintain current status and record-keeping for in-country legal and governance requirements
- Fulfill other programmatic functions as requested and needed
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field
- At least five years’ program management experience with increasing responsibility in international development
- At least 2 years’ experience working in developing countries
- Working knowledge of international health and development
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and collaborate effectively and efficiently in a culturally diverse, global environment, working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Strong financial management skills including developing, tracking, and reporting on budgets
- Excellent organizational skills and motivation
- High degree of flexibility, adaptability, and resilience
- Commitment to working on safe abortion, sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Ability to travel up to 25% internationally
- Experience working on safe abortion and/or sexual reproductive health and rights
- Ability to work in French or Portuguese considered a plus
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org