CRDF Global is seeking an experienced Program Manager (PM) to function as the Team Lead managing CRDF Global’s subcontracts under the U.S. Department of Defense, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Cooperative Biological Engagement Program (DTRA CBEP).
The Team Lead has strong staff management and team leadership experience as well as extensive expertise to apply best program or project management practices in every-day operations. S/he has experience successfully managing high-impact international programs, including in challenging and low-resource environments. Team Lead works closely with the Biosecurity Practice Area Director, and contributes to building and developing relationship with the primes and the client. The Team Lead is also responsible for maintaining and growing CRDF Global’s contribution and impact in the areas of global health, safety, security and sustainability.
- Manage subcontracts’ scope, schedule and budget across all active Task Orders (TOs):
- Manage program scope, budget and schedule; ensure that the team delivers tasks on time, on budget and in accordance with the approved scope
- Develop staff and appropriately apply staff’s talents
- Manage annual goal setting and staff performance
- Ensure compliance with subcontract terms (e.g. SOW, reporting, etc.), client’s requirements and internal SOPs
- Continue and grow relationship with the primes and DTRA CBEP team
- Work closely with other team leads, management (including CRDF Global’s Jordan office) and strive for consistent high-quality service delivery
- Work closely with the Director and other Team Leads to recognize revenue and accomplish (or exceed) annual budget target
- Work closely with Operation Support to facilitate program implementation
- Lead business development efforts to position for TO response and wins; hold primary responsibility for submitting high-quality proposals and securing contract growth
- Hire and train new staff, as necessary
- Work with the Director, executives and management across the organization to seek new ways to advance CRDF Global mission and accomplish organizations’ strategic objectives
- Stay current on key developments around the world affecting CRDF Global program implementation
- Represent CRDF Global at external events (e.g. scientific and business conferences), make presentations and interact with attendees to educate them about CRDF Global
- Participate in organization-wide growth and capture efforts
- Participate in internal process improvement/development efforts
- Ensure reporting staff’s compliance with CRDF Global policies and rules
- Ensure reporting staff’s contribution to the organization’s and practice area’s progress towards the strategic goals and objectives
- Take on other tasks as assigned by Director.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience, including
- 3-5 years of staff/team management experience
- 5 years of program management experience; experience managing international programs is preferred
- 5 years of experience managing U.S. government contracts and/or grant agreements
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Thorough understanding of government contract rules and regulations
- Strong program and project scheduling and management expertise; knowledge and application of best project and program management practices in every-day operations
- Strong program financial management expertise and skills, i.e. budget development and tracking, forecasting, resource allocation and management
- Ability to interact with a wide range of individuals from varied backgrounds at all levels
- Excellent communication skills: active listening, effective speaking, and clear & concise writing
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to generate concepts, take ambitious ideas and break them into manageable, creative, ambitious new projects
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally and domestically
- Eligibility to obtain security clearance
- U.S. work authorization
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.