SAIC is seeking a National Security Policy/Organizational, Management and Legislative Analyst to perform studies and analyses and provide knowledge management support on-site in the Pentagon.The candidate will support the Office of the Chief Management Officer (OCMO), Directorate for Organizational Policy and Decision Support (OP&DS) in the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic documents, senior leader decision making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reform initiatives.
- The candidate’s duties will include interacting and building relationships with various DoD Components to gather information on status of strategic initiatives; compiling and analyzing data; authoring of technical papers; support to briefings and task development; and preparing reports for senior leadership.
- Monitoring actions of Congressional committees, including the authorizations and appropriations committees, related to OCMO interests.
- Assisting with preparing briefing material for senior leadership on congressional matters.
- Conducting research and analyzing mission-related issues.
- Preparation of briefings on findings of significance (favorable or unfavorable) related to legislative initiatives/proposals.
- Managing and establishing procedures and controls for the receipt, handling, tracking, cataloging, classifying, suspense, and retrieval of OCMO congressional actions.
- The ability to utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and fora.
- The ability to rapidly synthesize complex information.
- Current DoD Interim SECRET clearance (No exceptions).
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s Degree preferred with BA/BS in Political Science, National Security Affairs, International Relations, International Economics, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience with the Department of Defense and/or Congress and fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
- Candidates must have in-depth familiarity with Service- and/or OSD-level strategy, policy, or resource allocation processes as a result of previous government and/or private sector assignments.
- Knowledge in analyzing the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Executive (PPBE) process, congressional authorization and appropriations legislation, and development of DoD Policy Directives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Candidates must be committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
- Background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including the use of MS SharePoint.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills as well as to lead both individuals and teams.
- No travel anticipated
- Military Base access required (Pentagon)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org