With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks a Program Assistant (PA) to support program management functions on a large USAID malaria contract in the Impact Malaria department. The PA will have wideranging responsibilities and work with project staff at all levels both in Washington and overseas. The position requires flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects with an emphasis on administrative tasks. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Program Officer, APMSD.
Sound good to you? Read on.
- Fulfilling administrative functions of a 5-year USAID malaria focused project,
- Supporting administrative preparation for key project presentations, conferences, meetings and retreats;
- Assisting with the agenda preparation, meeting set up and note taking for routine internal project meetings
- Assisting with domestic and international travel arrangements including expense report preparation, hotel reservations, visa applications, travel concurrence requests, drafting necessary invitation letters and arranging meeting schedules for international staff visiting DC;
- Assist with calendar and email coordination of senior project staff
- Assisting in creation and updating of communications materials, including one pagers and presentations;
- Assisting in review and editing of project workplans and reports;
- Responding to internal/external requests for information
- Responsible for coordinating the management and maintenance of the project website andSharePoint page, Teams site and internal calendar;
- Provide administrative and financial management support to the project, including assisting with reporting, correcting biodata forms and preparation and tracking of budgets;
- Assist with review and payment of invoices and drafting of consultant contracts;
- Support onboarding of new project staff and train all team members in PSI processes and procedures.
- Connect team members to resources in headquarters and at the country level; and
- Fulfill other programmatic, financial, and administrative functions as required.
- Bachelor's degree (this position is suitable for recent college graduates)
- At least one year experience working in a fastpaced office environment
- Experience living outside the United States and in multicultural environments preferred
- Proficiency in French preferred.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Microsoft Office 365)
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks
- Strong attention to detail
What would get us excited?
- The successful candidate will be a customer service oriented;
- Exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have proven problem solving ability;
- Work efficiently and quickly under pressure;
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks;
- Integrity and ability to exercise discretion when needed
- Team Player: You know how to connect several diverse groups of people to get things done; and
- Self-Starter: You are not afraid to jump in from the start and get your hands dirty with minimal direction.
References will be required. Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org