Highlight Technologies is looking for a strategic thinking Program Analyst to directly support USAID’s Bureau for Policy, Planning, and Learning, which develops policies and strategies that guide and help USAID achieve their worldwide mission to end extreme poverty and help develop democratic societies.
You will be responsible for assisting PPL, with policy leadership, donor coordination, Program Cycle implementation, and USAID forward reforms.
You will also provide technical assistance, research, analysis and policy support in the areas of donor engagement, project design, strategy, program monitoring, evaluation, collaborating, learning and adapting, and policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advanced research on topics relating to existing or planned policies and other issues relating to PPL’s portfolio of responsibilities.
- Working on a bilateral team, managing bilateral donor relationships.
- Outreach and communication with internal and external stakeholders on substantive matters both orally and in writing.
- Substantive input in the drafting of briefing materials for senior PPL members.
- Drafting of policy papers, briefing memos, how-to and other guidance documents, reports, summaries and other written documents.
- Analyzing information needed to formulate development strategies and policy.
- Current Secret Clearance
- Mid-level Program Analyst requires Master’s degree in relevant field with 5 years of work experience or Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of work experience.
- Experience working on issues of foreign policy and development; budgeting, strategic planning, or other relevant areas as required.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate complex programming concepts into clear, concise written documents and oral presentations required.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team. Must be able to plan, organize, and use time effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of large size entities working in international development or foreign affairs.
- Occasional travel required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org