Friends of Europe is recruiting a programme assistant for a paid internship to provide support and assistance for a range of tasks, activities and events relating to the work of Friends of Europe.
This is a great opportunity to understand the workings of an influential think-tank and develop your skills and experience. You will gain an understanding of policy areas, whilst gaining greater in-depth knowledge and expertise, and have the chance to learn, give your input, and have an impact.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Assisting in and supporting programme managers with the organisation, delivery and follow-up of Friends of Europe events (e.g. drafting event proposals, invitations and programmes, contacting speakers, preparing moderators’ briefings and pre-reading materials, registering and assisting participants, drafting and sending evaluation questionnaires, on-site support at events etc.);
- Researching and writing briefings on EU and global policy challenges;
- Researching speakers, authors, themes and background information for our debates and articles;
- Providing input to developing programme content for our events, planning publications and requests for articles;
- Assisting in the organisation and follow-up of meetings and conducting other administrative tasks relating to the activities of the organisation (e.g. managing correspondence, providing logistical arrangements, background documentation, report writing);
- Developing and keeping-up-to date databases (e.g. entering data, creating mailing lists, etc.);
- Conducting specific research in the areas of work (e.g. drafting fact sheets, updating documents, etc.);
- Engaging in work across the organisation and supporting the Leadership team as required.
- Relevant university degree (for example relating to international relations, general social policy, politics, European studies);
- English as a mother tongue or equivalent level;
- Excellent writing skills and editing skills;
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in European and global affairs;
- Research experience combined with good analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools;
- A highly-motivated personality – you need to be well-organised and be able to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team and with minimum supervision;
- An interest in working for a think-tank and knowledge of our organisation;
- Good understanding of EU institutions;
- Interest in event organisation.
- Knowledge of social media.
This position is open only to nationals of EU/EEA member states or Switzerland, or non-EU nationals in possession of a valid work permit.
The internship will be based and paid in Brussels and is to start as soon as possible, for approximately 6 months.
To apply, please send: - your CV (maximum 2 pages),
- a cover letter (maximum 1 page)
- if possible, an example of written work
to [email protected], indicating the position and your name in the subject line.
Interviews will take place from 15.08.2018 onwards.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org