This position is located in the Voice of America's Latin America Division, Spanish Service, Washington, DC. The incumbent is responsible for writing, producing, adapting and editing content for the Service's multimedia (web, radio, Television) and mobile phone-based news and information outlets.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researches, selects, and prepares original news stories and material for the Spanish digital channels, including websites and social media channels.
- Covers breaking news and other major news events for Spanish websites including social media entities.
- Proposes and executes new projects to make VOA Spanish digital outlets news more competitive.
- Uses social media as a reporting tool and as a source of information.
- Creates content, publishes and follows VOA content developments on new media channels such us: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, YouTube.
- Monitors metric tools and reports back on how VOA Spanish digital content is working.
- Generates multiplatform content for VOA Spanish by writing, producing and editing on a daily basis, including text, graphics and video.
- Helps on the production of streaming live web events, including Facebook Live.
- Serves as a video journalist using a small broadcast/quality digital TV equipment in domestic and overseas locations, to both shoot material and set up shots.
- Other duties as assigned, including writing and adapting any of the Spanish Branch platforms: TV, and radio content.
- Suggests and implements innovations to increase the effectiveness of the engagement on Spanish digital channels.
- Incumbent must have an understanding of world news events, including U.S. foreign policy and other bilateral issues between the United States, Latin America, and other countries in the area.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Candidates MUST meet all qualification requirements by closing date.
- Applicants must complete online questionnaire.
- This is a sensitive or national security position.
- If selected, this position requires the completion of the SF-86.
- Suitability Determination: If selected, you will be subject to a security investigation to establish your suitability for federal employment. The security investigation will include, among other aspects, a review of your credit and legal history.
- This position may require working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Relocation expenses WILL NOT be paid.
- Candidate may be required to travel.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level, which is directly related to this line of work, AND must be bilingual in both Spanish and English languages with the ability to report, write, research and accurately translate in both languages.
Specialized Experience: is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is defined as knowledge of all aspects of multimedia (web, radio, TV); demonstrated understanding of HTML, Content Management publishing tools and Photoshop editing; including knowledge in development technologies in order to produce state-of-the-art multimedia and social media content.
Applicant cannot substitute education for experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org