Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) dedicated to high-impact international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Panagora is currently seeking a Communications Intern to support the Learning and Communications Team. The ideal candidate is an outstanding graduate or undergraduate student (or recent graduate) interested in knowledge management and communications at the corporate and project levels. The internship provides an opportunity to learn from experts in the field and gain firsthand experience.
Responsibilities include assisting with:
- Writing for the web and social media
- Managing social media platforms
- Writing outreach emails
- Researching relevant news stories
- Keeping track of Communications calendar
- Interviewing staff for website content
- Supporting the team with basic graphic design
- Supporting the Learning and Communications Team as needed
- BA/BS or MA/MS candidate (or recent graduate) pursuing a degree in Political Science, International Relations, International Development, Communications, or related field
- Strong academic background
- Strong writing and communications skills; website and social media experience a plus
- Knowledge of Global Health a plus
- Ability to solve problems creatively with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience living or studying abroad a plus
- Fluency in English; proficiency in a second language is preferred but not required
- Must be eligible to work in the USA without need for sponsorship
- Must be able to commit to at least a 3-month internship.
The internship is unpaid. Panagora Group provides a stipend to defray the cost of commute.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org