Cooperative enterprises enable people around the world to become protagonists of their own social and economic development. Cooperatives Europe gives a voice to cooperatives enterprises in Europe. On behalf of 84 member organisations, we represent 176,000 enterprises from all sectors of the economy.
Cooperatives Europe’s main activities are to promote and defend the cooperative enterprise model and to provide services to members such as information & research, and a platform for exchange and cooperative development. Cooperatives Europe is the Europe Region of the International Co-operative Alliance. More information is available at: www.coopseurope.coop.
We are looking for a project officer to join our operational team.
The Project Officer will lead on the development and implementation of programs aiming at reinforcing cooperatives enterprises in specific sectors.
Key responsibilities are:
- Screen EU funding opportunities, and other funding with focus on collaborative economy and youth entrepreneurship;
- Elaborate concepts for project proposals with members and interested stakeholders and write tender and project application;
- Implementing and coordinating projects and potential training seminar;
- Attending meetings and events including travel;
- Budgeting and reporting;
- Building and maintaining networks;
- Represent Cooperatives Europe at relevant meetings on topics in line with topics addressed in programming activities.
- University degree in European studies, economics, finance, political science or similar. At least 1 year of relevant professional experience in project writing and/or management;
- Good understanding of the EU and its institutions;
- Knowledge of and relevant experience with financial mechanisms procedures;
- Good command of English;
- Able to prioritize work;
- Good IT and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team;
- Demonstrate commitment to the cooperative values and principles.
- Knowledge of other languages.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org