Growth requires a strong foundation, and at Buchanan & Edwards, our people are our strength. They are the foundation for building the next generation of innovative IT solutions, revolutionizing the industry, and solving the nation’s most critical challenges.
Let Buchanan & Edwards help you unleash your potential and reach your goals.Come grow with us.
Buchanan & Edwards is seeking a Director of Business Development to assume an active leadership role in winning large strategic bids within the Foreign Affairs Market. The successful candidate is a business leader who is knowledgeable of the market inclusive of impending opportunities and the competitive landscape. He/she will work collaboratively with executive management to achieve growth objectives, provide forecasts, and proactively mitigate challenges, all to positively position Buchanan & Edwards for continued growth.
The primary job responsibilities for this role include:
- Under the direction of the Vice President of Business Development, be responsible for understanding the Federal market for IT services, as well as leverage and build business relationships with key customers.
- Qualify business opportunities within existing and prospective clients.
- Develop and implement account plan(s) for strategic account(s) identified in collaboration with VP of Business Development, Business Unit Directors, and Practice Managers.
- Develop teaming relationships, analyze competition, and develop win strategies.
- Conduct market research and analysis and provide initial analysis of that data as it relates to their strategic account(s).
- Track targeted opportunities and work with capture and proposal development teams to win
- Conduct sales calls to targeted customers, present BE’s management and technical capabilities, and convey a solid technical understanding of project/technical areas of interest.,
- Participate in the Opportunity Review Process through information gathering and analysis, preparing and presenting Opportunity Reviews to Senior Management.
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Federal business development with at least 10 years of experience in all facets of Federal marketing and business development for IT services-focused business opportunities in the Foreign Affairs market.
- Proven track record of winning new Federal contracts and acquiring new clients.
- Experience analyzing competitive market spaces and developing innovative win theme to enhance win probability on capture efforts.
- Technical knowledge or experience in IT services preferred.
- Experience as a team player and team builder, trustworthy, and willing to share information with team members.
- Excellent communication skills with good interpersonal skills, and an ability to inspire confidence and provide leadership for the various accounts.
- Demonstrated experience applying industry best practices to the evaluation of opportunities, capture of new business, and delivery of proposals in a prime contractor capacity
- A record of accomplishment of leading and growing a services-based business across the government sector is desirable.
- Proven track record of innovation with the ability to look ahead to identify and leverage internal and external trends to improve current and future operational methodologies.
- Comprehensive experience in developing and overseeing new programs with proven programmatic vision.
- Demonstrated understanding of Federal government IT market and contracting processes and regulations
- Passion for BE’s mission and ability to promote and communicate the vision, mission, and values of the organization to BE’s external and internal stakeholders.
- A well-balanced combination of strategic and people management skills, along with the leadership traits and professional and personal characteristics necessary for success in senior management.
- Sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of an organization.
- An innovative and proactive problem-solving mentality toward challenges and risk.
- A well-developed concept of the business development process for complex systems solutions and implementation as well as a deep understanding of the technical, fiscal, and contractual trends within the industry.
- Readily accept full accountability for results and be willing to maintain sustained effort over periods of time to accomplish their professional and personal goals.
- Maintain the highest level of personal integrity, honesty, teamwork, and public accountability to motivate the entire team by example.
- An established professional reputation for excellence in services rendered and absolute personal integrity must attend any candidacy for this position.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org