The Program Coordinator will provide operational and programmatic support to the India team within the Climate Program. The support will be for a broad range of initiatives with an immediate focus on tracking projects related to air quality and climate change in India and support for setting up a formal EDF presence in India.
- Track and monitor the execution of EDF’s strategy in India and projects related to air quality and climate change in India; ensure that deliverables are completed in a timely manner;
- Ensure that the SVP of Climate and other program leaders are well informed of project status, outcomes, challenges, and necessary actions through suitable updates;
- Serve as the point person for Global Operations in matters relevant to operations in India; facilitate the process of setting up a formal EDF presence in India;
- Enable cross-functional collaboration between Climate and other Programs and Departments; coordinate well-integrated relationships in support of mutual goals;
- In collaboration with SVP of Climate and EDF’s Development staff, help develop and facilitate the execution of a fundraising strategy to raise the necessary resources to meet EDF’s program objectives in India; coordinate closely with Development liaison for India; and closely track all development activities;
- Organize and coordinate internal and external meetings for the India team and develop agendas as needed; communicate regularly with and serve as a point of contact for India-based consultants and staff;
- Draft, review, edit papers and reports as needed; create and manage information and document storage mechanism;
- Provide comprehensive operational support for the India team such as processing financial invoices, contracts, travel, etc.;
- Track program expenditures against budget and assist in updating monthly financial reports, work with the program financial analyst to identify and rectify variances.
- Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably in environmental science, economics, or a related field;
- Demonstrated project management skills, preferably in a nonprofit setting;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, priorities, and deadlines concurrently;
- Excellent research, and written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively, especially with colleagues and partners in a multicultural setting;
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively with colleagues located in multiple offices and time zones;
- Ability to adeptly handle confidential and non-routine information;
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of environmental and climate policies and Indian landscape.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org