- Works with the President and with the Vice President for Policy and Research in setting the research and publication strategy and work plan.
- Communicates with MEI scholars as well as outside scholars and writers to develop ideas for relevant, timely, original content.
- Commissions authors to produce analysis, op-eds, policy reports and longer research papers.
- Commissions authors to join podcasts, record videos, and other multi-media activities, as well as to boost their social media output.
- Edits original content in consultation with authors to ensure well-sourced, well-written content.
- Liaises with network of print and broadcast media journalists and outlets.
- Hosts podcasts, videos, panels and other forms of communication.
- At least 7 years’ experience in the field of journalism and editing, with experience both in print and some multi media.
- Knowledge of and experience working on Middle East issues.
- Networks of contacts with MENA specialists who can contribute to MEI’s Web content, as well as with key journalists and outlets.
- Strong editing and team leading skills, and good all-around communication skills.
- A self-starter and leader, but one who can also work well in groups.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, writing samples and salary expectations to [email protected] Place "Editor" in subject heading