Milieu Ltd is a multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Brussels with a record of excellence in international and European policy and law. We provide expertise mainly for European institutions and other public sector clients. Our areas of expertise are wide-ranging and include environment, climate change and energy, as well as public health, occupational health and safety, transport, fundamental rights, employment and social affairs and others. Despite having grown rapidly over the years we retain a very informal, collaborative and largely non-hierarchical working environment. Please visit our website at www.milieu.be to understand more about our activities and our corporate culture.
We are looking for a policy trainee, with a background in public policy, economics or other social science field and an interest or experience in one or more of the fields covered by our work. The trainee will work closely with the policy team and be involved in our policy research and analysis activities.
This will involve in particular:
- Gathering information and conducting research through desk studies, collection of quantitative data and stakeholder consultation via emails and interviews;
- Supporting project management including communication with partners and external experts and internal/external reporting tasks;
- Supporting the organisation and implementation of project events such as workshops and meetings;
- Supporting the drafting of sections of reports and other deliverables under the supervision of senior team members.
- Master’s degree or higher in public policy, economics or other relevant discipline;
- Background and experience in European public policy analysis; knowledge of the EU, regional and international regulatory/policy frameworks;
- Minimum of one year of prior work experience; focus on research, data collection and drafting of reports and/or project management;
- Well-organised, practical-minded and able to prioritise a busy and varied workload;
- An independent, self-starter personality;
- Excellent written and spoken English; knowledge of other EU languages strongly desirable;
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
What you will find at Milieu:
- English as the principal working language;
- A very informal, supportive and collaborative yet highly professional working environment;
- A minimum of hierarchy and internal bureaucracy;
- A strong dedication to public policy;
- A strong commitment to quality in what we do;
- A dynamic multi-cultural atmosphere with some 30 nationalities;
- A stimulating working environment featured in a UK Guardian article entitled ”Are these the world’s coolest offices” and Brussel’s La Libre;
- A relaxed dress code – except when we are meeting our clients;
- Regular company barbeques, training lunches, end of month meetings, weekly yoga classes;
- Biennial company weekend retreats to international locations.
The training contract is envisioned for an initial 6 month period – but with the reasonable probability of a formal appointment after that time.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org