The European Youth Forum is the leading organisation advocating for the rights of young people.
We are a platform of youth organisations, independent, democratic and youth-led, we represent 104 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The European Youth Forum is looking for a Campaign Officer to join the Policy & Advocacy Department. The Campaign Officer will work under the supervision of the Policy & Advocacy Coordinator in charge of the European Youth Forum's European elections campaign 2019.
- Together with the rest of the Policy and Advocacy Department, the Campaign Team and under the supervision of the Policy and Advocacy Coordinator, plan and implement the European Youth Forum's campaign for the upcoming European elections (2019);
- Work on the organisation of events and capacity building opportunities for the Member Organisations of the European Youth Forum running European elections-related activities;
- Support in developing and maintaining partnerships for the campaign, including with political parties, civil society organisations, media partners, funders and others;
- Support in the building of a digital community and contribute to the running of an online campaign for the European elections;
- Support the campaign’s Coordinator in ensuring that European Youth Forum policy is implemented throughout all campaign’s related activities and materials.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A higher education degree in social science, law, political science, international or EU affairs or other relevant field is desirable but can be compensated by relevant NGO and/or non-formal education experience;
- At least 2 years of experience in political or other advocacy campaigning, or in project management;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- A good knowledge of and experience in using digital and social media platforms for campaigning purposes;
- Strong knowledge of European Affairs and politics;
- A good understanding of the international non-profit associations‘s environment and experience working in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills;
- Ability to get people on board.
- Proactive, critical, flexible, creative and solution oriented;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on a common project;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage a challenging workload and tight deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Ability to travel and to work flexible hours if required, including occasional weekends;
- Willing to live in or relocate to Brussels or the surrounding area;
- Computer literacy: good working knowledge of G-suite and Mac operating system.
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
The contract is for a period of 9 months and full time (35 hours per week). The gross monthly salary according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum) is €2,754.
A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
Candidates to this position should be willing to travel and work flexible hours including if required occasional weekends. This position being based in Brussels candidates should be willing to relocate or live in surrounding area.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org