The European Chemical Regions Network (ECRN) is looking for an enthusiastic candidate for a trainee position in the ECRN Secretariat in Brussels for 6 months, starting at the beginning of October 2018.
- Contribute to the organisation of ECRN events and meetings;
- Monitor and analyse news on relevant EU policy developments, national and regional policies;
- and other initiatives that are of interest to the chemical regions;
- Compile content and updates on EU policy developments and regional news for the ECRN’s;
- communications channels (social media, website and newsletter); prepare internal; and
- external publications and assisting in other communication activities;
- Update the ECRN website;
- Manage contact directories and updating databases;
- Participate in conferences, seminars and workshops related to ECRN interests;
- Undertake other administrative tasks and assignments as required.
- University degree in Political science, International relations, EU studies or similar;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, ability to synthesize information and communicate concisely, excellent analytical and drafting skills;
- Familiarity with EU institutions and EU policies, esp. in the field of Bioeconomy, Industrial Policy, Cohesion Policy, Innovation Policy;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications. Affinity for social media tools is a plus;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Additional language skills are an advantage;
- Previous experience with EU/regional institutions or networks (desirable).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org