Banyan Global is recruiting a French-speaking, International Gender and Organizational Development Consultant for 7-8 months to undertake multiple missions to Bamako, Mali. The Consultant would support the strengthening of the organizational and governance capacity of SNGP national partner. The capacity-building would include trainings and support the updating of internal operating documents and procedures.
The consultant would also support human resource reform within the Government of Mali with an emphasis on recruiting and retaining more women in public service, as well as enhancing the capacity of women already in public service to make better decisions regarding budgeting and service delivery. Within this context, the consultant would also lead the technical area of promoting (both male and female) gender champions in public service who have a history of gender-sensitive politics and key male allies with a history of experience in gender integration or women’s empowerment. The aim in so doing would be to encourage networking and learning on gender sensitive political approaches and policies.
- Provide technical support to SNGP and national partner NGO in the improvement of its governing structure, including developing processes to address accountability, delegation of authority and staffing plan;
- Provide coaching and training to national partner NGO on the importance of holding regular meetings and a general assembly to promote participation, defining members roles and responsibilities and promoting greater transparency in their decision-making processes;
- Provide technical assistance to the SNGP and national partner NGO to overcome some of the issues related to procurement, salary and allowances calculations and other administrative requirements;
- Continue to work with the SNGP and national partner NGO to develop milestones for actions needed to increase its technical and operational capacity;
- Assess the current quota law to identify opportunities to help the Government of Mali to do a better job of recruiting and retaining women, as well as better train existing women (or newly placed women) in better decision-making regarding budgeting and service delivery;
- Establish a network of female politicians with a history of gender-sensitive politics and key male allies with a history of experience in gender integration or women’s empowerment work;
- Provide demand-driven training for women in government positions; including a second round of national partner NGO sponsored trainings on gender-responsive budgeting within governance institutions;
- Specifically design outreach and capacity building activities around the unique learning needs and communication preferences of women, such as gender-sensitive trainings on overcoming the digital gender gap and accessing mobile services;
- In Year 4 of the project, conduct the follow-on gender analysis to identify gaps and advances in gender equality and decentralization as a follow to a gender analysis conducted in Year 2 of the project.
- At least ten years of experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment in international development or related field;
- 5 years of experience with public administration and civil service reform, including the development of tools, procedures and networks to support increased recruitment, retention and capacity of women in public service;
- 5 years of NGO institutional capacity development, including coaching on the development/use of internal procedures, and budget management tools (such as pipelines);
- Full Professional Fluency in French;
- Willingness to be based in or to undertake multiple missions to Bamako, Mali for the duration of the consultancy.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org