Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Train USA department for application processing and program administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Assemble approval packets and prepare FedEx mailings for the department daily
- Copy, scan and file documents
- Monitor supplies
- Review and record Train USA program evaluations submitted by participants
- Responsible for checking Arrival Notifications from program participants and updating database
- Assist with conducting video/telephone interviews with program applicants as needed
- Compile monthly SEVIS receipts to submit to Accounting department
- Respond to, and track, email and phone inquiries
- Prioritize tasks with attention to deadlines and customer expectations in a high-volume, time-sensitive and client-focused environment;
- Articulate our services, general information about program eligibility, and promote the benefits of the J-1 intern/ trainee program as well as other Cultural Vistas to diverse audiences via phone and e-mail
- Collaborate on miscellaneous projects key to program impact and departmental success (For Example: composing external communication pieces, developing participant resources, hosting participant events, assessing internal efficiencies, etc.)
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
- Ability to multitask, to prioritize workload, to organize, and to make decisions in a deadline sensitive environment
- Good judgment and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a proactive, flexible, inventive approach
- Possess commitment to professionalism and communicability
- Ability to and interest in providing excellent customer service
- Ability to exhibit a collegial attitude and excel within a collaborative team-working environment
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) within a multi-cultural environment and with people from diverse cultures and countries.
- Must possess extraordinary attention to detail
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of Cultural Vistas
- Foreign language skills a plus
Computer Equipment and Software Experience Required:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite products
Education and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelor's degree or higher; International Relations, Business, Education, or other related degree preferred.
- Years of Experience: At least 1 year of customer service or administrative experience in an office setting.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Work on weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org