Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive an exceptional benefits package along with the opportunity to contribute to worldwide causes impacting those most in need.
The Global Director of Human Resources will be an integral member of the ONE team, a group of talented professionals dedicated to the common goals of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. They champion this cause through the development of innovative and strategic initiatives to achieve ONE’s mission. The Director will partner with the senior leadership team to cultivate a collaborative and creative environment that is mission driven; and to build and retain a high-performing team.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Global Director of Human Resources is responsible for leading and managing a team of global human resources professionals. The Director will devise and implement human resources strategies to best enable the organization to deliver on its mission and will partner with senior management to ensure alignment with the organization’s goals and objectives.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
· Plan, develop, and direct ONE’s HR functions across all offices in accordance with the policies and practices of ONE, applicable legal and regulatory rules, and industry best practice.
- Manage a team of global HR professionals and oversee the administrative function of the Washington, DC office.
· Conduct workforce planning and analysis, and develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the organization’s current and future needs.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent, streamlined, and targeted toward the optimal applicant pools; lead HRBPs to educate hiring managers on recruitment strategies to help produce a diverse candidate pool; and work with management on annual workforce planning and hiring needs.
- Design a talent management program that supports the development of managerial skills and professional growth at all levels in order to enable the organization to recruit and retain talented and diverse staff who deliver consistently high performance. This includes: performance management, learning and development tools and programs, and career and succession planning initiatives.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs across markets to incentivize and reward effective performance.
- Utilize organizational development and change management strategies to lead major new initiatives, significant policy changes and organizational shifts, and drive organizational effectiveness.
- Annually review and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on employment matters.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and all relevant local, national, and international employment legislation/regulations and ensure the organization's compliance.
- Communicate changes in the organization's employment policies and procedures and ensure consistent application and implementation.
- Consistently review and maintain existing HRIS and drive relevant changes to ensure it meets global standards and all locations’ employment needs.
- Provide practical formal/informal executive coaching and development in all areas of leadership, particularly in cultural creation, alignment and change management at the individual, team, and organizational level.
- Guide HRBPs in in resolving employee relations issues and provide effective conflict resolution and coaching to managers and associates.
- Work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on employment matters.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the General Counsel and COO, on employment matters.
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the HR team.
- Help build an open, fair, and ethical work environment that meets the needs of a dynamic and high-performing organization.
- Participate on internal committees and working groups and special projects and seek additional responsibilities.
- Design and maintain a system for dealing with employee complaints or concerns in a confidential manner, to include exit interviews; serve as a coach and mentor to staff, as appropriate, to improve performance; conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns arise; partner with executive management, HR professionals, staff, legal counsel and labor relations representatives to resolve employee issues fairly, consistently and expeditiously.
· Other duties as requested based on department and/or organizational need.
The successful candidate must be committed to the mission of ONE. Beyond that, the Global Director of Human Resources must have experience in managing a multi-site international organization and exhibit a demonstrated ability to both build and support a diverse multi-national team. Management experience within a not-for-profit organization is preferred. Previous experience with an advocacy group is a plus.
Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s or HR GPHR Certification strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the human resources and/or operations fields at increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of 4 years managing and leading a multifunctional team.
- Experience in HR or operations in an international organization with multiple offices worldwide required; GPHR certification strongly preferred.
- Experience developing team structures, workforce planning and strategic vision across a global organization.
- Possess expert technical HR knowledge across all broad issue areas such as talent management, benefits administration, performance management, employee relations, compensation management, training/development, and payroll; familiarity with the use of UltiPro (highly-preferred) or equivalent HRIS Systems preferred.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of best practices and applicable employment law and regulations across the U.S. and internationally, preferably in ONE’s core markets in North America, Europe, and Africa.
· An understanding of the complexities surrounding a global organization
· Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and collaborative
· Ability to remain positive and constructive engaged in high pressure and stressful situations
· Solid critical and analytical thinking
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Able to handle difficult conversations with diplomacy and exercise confidentiality
· Action oriented and results focused
· Flexible and resourceful in approach
· Independent problem solver
· Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills, sound judgement, and a well-developed sense of humor strongly preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org