Cardno Emerging Markets is currently seeking a full-time Junior Consultant to be located in our Brussels office. Our practice unit manages EU-funded development assistance and cooperation projects in various sectors, including trade and economic development, business collaboration, private sector development and institutional capacity building.
The Junior Consultant will focus essentially on business development and tendering, however might eventually also take on a role in the management of on-going projects. Responsibilities include:
Business development and tendering:
- identifying new EU development aid project opportunities;
- conducting marketing and fact-finding missions for high priority opportunities;
- setting up consortia;
- editing project qualifications and tailoring experts’ CVs for specific tenders;
- supporting the preparation of technical proposals, including coordinating inputs, writing and editing.
- providing backstopping support to on-going projects, including through field visits when required;
- coordinating long-term and short-term expertise for project delivery;
- overseeing the preparation of monthly and six-monthly technical and financial reports.
We offer a permanent Belgian employment contract. The position will be open as from November 2018.
- Relevant university degree;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in tender preparation for Technical Assistance projects funded by international or bilateral donors;
- Good knowledge of EU development assistance programmes is an asset;
- Ability to think logically and express complex ideas in a clear and synthetic manner, both orally and in writing;
- Previous exposure to a fast-paced environment and ability to thrive under tight deadlines;
- Highly motivated, organised and detail-oriented;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel;
- Proficiency in English mandatory; French would be an asset.
If interested and qualified, please send your CV and a cover letter mentioning “Junior Consultant” in your email subject, by 21st October 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org