- SAIC is seeking an Office Administrator to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA).
- Work daily with the Deputy General Counsel, International Affairs, and OGC/IA office attorneys.
- Provide administrative support to the OGC/IA office attorneys.
- Assist with administration including the coordinating, assisting, and filing of legal actions for OGC/IA.
- Provide administrative office support in addressing the workload (tracking, organizing, and archiving) and knowledge management activities across the government attorneys and contractor staff.
- Hand-carry legal actions to other coordinating offices throughout day.
- Open and close actions using the suspense tracking system (STS).
- Perform general editing functions; answer phone calls; escort non-cleared personnel in the office; maintain files; and prepare correspondence o Make copies; scan documents; produce files; assist in scheduling and monthly reports; and maintain basic office functions.
- Provide periodic database, indexing, and archival support, to include: analysis of chronological files, review of archival documents, review international agreements, and inputting data from international agreements into the database.
- Daily work hours are 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience with knowledge of administrative and clerical functions, processes, practices and procedures.
- Fluency with, and understanding of, DoD, Joint Staff, and the Military Departments standards of practice
- Experience with the OGC data file system or similar filing systems
- The ability to review, understand, and analyze complex legal and non- legal DoD documents and international agreements
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication abilities and the ability to read, interpret and understand legal documents
- The ability to leverage established relationships with other DoD components and agencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications
- Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense community
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision
- Strong admin skills and a strong ability to multi- task
- Flexibility in order to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work
- Previous experience in a working in the Pentagon or DoD office law office, General Counsel's office or JAG office
- Working knowledge of the Defense Travel System (DTS)
- Familiarity with knowledge management tools including SharePoint, Access databases, etc.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org