Exovera LLC (www.exovera.com) a wholly-owned subsidiary of SOSi, is seeking to hire a Kurdish/Arabic Media Analyst, to join our team. The successful candidate will be fluent in Kurdish (both verbal and written) and Arabic and will be an outstanding writer in English. The analyst must have an analytic mind and a sophisticated understanding of local and regional current events. We are looking for proven experience in high-pace fields such as journalism, strategic communications, public relations, intelligence, political consulting, and the like. Familiarity with the Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Iraq and the surrounding region is strongly preferred. Experience with social media, information technology, analytics, and additional language fluency are also advantages.
The Kurdish Language Media Analyst is part of a team working 24/7 and must be willing and able to work on an unconventional and variable shift schedule, which may include overnight and weekend shifts. Shift work will include analyzing local, regional, and international print, broadcast, and social media sources.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Monitors Kurdish-language print and broadcast news media sources and selects content according to ongoing and emerging customer requirements
• Writes succinct synopses and analytic overviews in professional English highlighting and assessing key information
• Contributes original analysis pieces on Kurdish (and possibly also Arabic) media content and coverage
• Interacts with a range of online tools, including media aggregators, basic analysis systems and databases (training provided)
• Responds to customer inquiries and correspondence
Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline such as International Relations, Political Science, History, Sociology, or related field
• Strong interest and knowledge of regional and global current events
• Native fluency or near native fluency in Kurdish is required
• Additional fluency in Modern Standard Arabic (and ideally, colloquial Iraqi dialect) is strongly preferred
• Proven skill and experience (at least 2 years) in professional English-language writing
• Ability to quickly process and organize large amounts of information and identify and assess items of greatest importance
• Experience related to monitoring and sophisticated analysis, including an ability to identify biases and remain objective.
• Comfort and experience managing information in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated comfort with information technology and multimedia software, including publishing and analytics tools
• Maturity, honesty, and integrity
• Ability/flexibility and temperament to work on a shift schedule, occasionally on short notice
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org