NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) currently has an opening in its Washington DC bureau for the Associate Producer position.
This entry-level position is a fantastic opportunity for those who are early in their careers.
- Daily coverage of US news
- Monitoring breaking US/international news
- Attendance at press briefings, policy speeches and think tank events around Washington
- Covering 2020 presidential elections and 2021 presidential inauguration
- Arranging all logistics for trips and being able to drive for camera crew
- Researching for feature news stories
- Energetic and have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Interested in US and world news
- Not 9 to 5 job; be prepared to work nights and weekends as needed
- A team player who will do their very best to assist our correspondents, and who are capable of bridging the different cultures between American and Japan
- Interest in Japan is preferred but not required
- Some experience in a newsroom is a plus but not required
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] . No calls, please – applicants who do call will be immediately disqualified.
**The deadline to apply is Monday, December 31, 2018.
NHK is the public broadcaster of Japan and one of the largest networks in Asia with over 100 million viewers worldwide, including in the US via NHK World.