As the research and analysis division of the Economist Group, The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. The EIU is the global standard in providing quality, actionable intelligence to the public and private sector, assessing issues that impact the marketplace for over two hundred countries.
The EIU currently has an opportunity for a Client Service Manager in our New York office. This is a client-facing role with frequent client contact acting as the primary conduit between the client, EIU editorial analysts and EIU support teams.
The Client Service Manager will strengthen existing client relationships by developing personal contacts, creating relationships between clients and other people in the EIU, and broadening the number of people in the client organisation that are exposed to the EIU. The improved client engagement that you deliver will lead to better retention rates, higher client investment and improved levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
How you will contribute:
- Meet face to face with existing strategic accounts across the region, maintaining relationships to ensure services are relevant to their business needs
- Be responsible for negotiating renewal terms, implementing annual price increases and selling additional subscription services to the client.
- Be able to demonstrate EIU services and connect our capabilities with client needs
- Achieve business growth through up-sell and cross-sell opportunities with existing clients
- Identify risk within assigned accounts and work with internal and external stakeholders to present solutions
- Own overall relationship with assigned clients, manage customer success activities such as coordinating on boarding and training of existing clients across specified product portfolios
- Provide accurate monthly renewal forecasts/reports to management
- Prepare timely sales reports, sales invoiced, pipeline, monthly, quarterly, and end year forecasts
- Communicate and share best practices with colleagues on commercial/sales matters
- Use standard Economist Group reporting systems to ensure management is fully informed on all KPIs. This includes the use of salesforce.com, forecasting tools, and balance sheet/billing management/upkeep
- Keep up with global trends on country and industry level
- Keep informed of competitor capabilities
The ideal skills for this role are:
- Five years relevant experience
- An undergraduate degree preferably in international affairs or economics or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of business trends and global affairs in the region
- Experience in selling information and intelligence solutions
- The confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority
- The ability to thrive upon expectation and exposure
- Proficiency in English, business-level fluency in other languages an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship building skills and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated and driven with excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- History of exceeding retention and sales quotas
- Willingness to travel and ability to organise trips effectively
- The ability to influence and communicate with colleagues in other offices
If you're interested to learn more about EIU resources through your local academic institution, here is a list of all the universities' EIU homepages in Singapore. If you're on a campus IP address, you can access your own university's page to discover more.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org