The Enough Project seeks a Communications Associate, responsible for supporting all communications department activities and responsibilities for the Enough Project and its investigative initiative The Sentry, including support for digital communications, social media, media relations, and donor development efforts.
Work directly with the Director of Communications, the Deputy Director of Communications (Media Relations), and the Digital Communications Manager to help the communications team deliver on strategy, objectives, and responsibilities, including:
- Helping to maintain the daily digital voice of the organization across multiple digital and social media channels, including writing, fact checking, proofreading, scheduling, and posting.
- Collaborating with policy, investigations, advocacy, operations, and development teams to ensure that all public-facing digital communication effectively supports and serves organizational priorities and objectives.
- Conceiving of, drafting, and designing infographics and social media shareables.
- Monitoring, tracking, and analyzing social media outputs.
- Engaging with our social media followers, helping to increase the size, reach, action-taking, and influence of our social media communities.
- Using social media to help build and maintain media contacts and other valuable organizational relationships.
- Researching and collecting original stories, reports, social media, and other message-driven content for sharing across digital communities.
- Coordinating, formatting (using basic HTML coding), proofreading, scheduling, and sending mass email blasts and digital newsletters.
- Managing constituency email databases.
- Monitoring news and tracking media coverage.
- Tracking, building, and maintaining lists of media contacts.
Website and Metrics:
- Assisting in maintaining the organization’s websites and sister websites.
- Assisting with tracking metrics for all digital platforms, including social media, websites and eblasts.
Design and Quality Assurance:
- Designing, formatting, proofreading, and maintaining electronic press kits, presentations, and other communication tools and digital presentations.
- Coordinating, reviewing, proofreading, formatting, and uploading to organizational platforms a range of written materials including reports, statements, briefs, blogs, and op-eds.
- Ensuring the usage and integrity of the organizational brands by observing visual and descriptive standards.
Development Project Support:
- Designing and formatting donor proposals, presentations, and reports.
- Additionally support and service development initiatives, donor needs, and fundraising campaigns.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 1-2 years working in a professional communications role.
- Tech-savvy and fluent in social media and varied digital platforms, with experience in social media marketing on platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and WordPress.
- Familiarity with HTML.
- Experience using Salsa or other contact management systems.
- Experienced in MS Office and Adobe Suite.
- Good graphic design skills. Video editing skills are a plus.
- Experience with designing, disseminating, and tracking analytics for email newsletters.
- Strong writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to rapidly master new services and tech tools related to communications, media relations, campaigns, and analytics.
- Good humor and general problem-solving skills.
- Organized and effective working in a fast-paced, rapid-response environment, balancing multiple projects and tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively in teams.
- Committed to the Enough Project’s and The Sentry’s missions and goals.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience using Cision and other communications and media relations tools.
- International experience and foreign language skills, especially French or Arabic, are a big plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org