International Cooperation Specialists shall lead and execute DARPA's International Cooperation engagement in areas of interest with government agencies, the academic business and legal communities, and non-commercial interests. They shall provide timely, pertinent recommendations to SID and other DARPA personnel. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor, identify and analyze international developments, public policy issues and trends, and impact on strategy in regions of interest to DARPA, and translate data developed into practical plans.
- Analyze local and regional developments and create reports and communications such as position papers and reports to communicate DARPAs international strategy.
- Engage in regional and international governance dialogues, including strategy to address issues affecting DARPA.
- Work in partnership with appropriate internal organizations to develop and carry out educational activities to familiarize employees/contractors on international issues which might affect DARPA.
- Serve as an expert for the organization in specific region(s), maintain area expertise and prepare reports, briefs, presentations and media releases.
- Identify public policy influences, political issues, trends, that impact DARPA.
- As indicated by DARPA, examine the central concerns of international relations, including diplomacy, foreign policy analysis, international organizations, global development, and international relations theory. Explore global economies, societies, and cultural issues.
- Analyze requests by foreign entities to determine potential DARPA program applicability. Discuss the request with appropriate country desk officers at the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (OUSD(AT&L)) and prepare correspondence for DARPA senior leadership.
- Conduct detailed research, author correspondence, and manage an Agency-level international program. Integrate security, public affairs guidance and counterintelligence in all elements of international activities.
- Analyze proposed visits of foreign persons to DARPA/DARPA events, or events where DARPA senior leadership may be in attendance. Prepare position paper/read-ahead/trip & country books as required.
- Assist with the planning and execution of foreign visits to DARPA that have senior leadership attention.
- Prepare position paper/read-ahead/trip & country books as required; identify, develop, and present foreign trip planning to meet the Agency's requirements.
This will involve, but is not limited, to:
- Documentation on countries to be visited.
- Working with US government agencies and foreign embassies on scheduling, meetings, events, flights, hotels, etc.
- Preparing draft and final proposed subjects, attendee lists, etc., and presenting these to senior management.
- Managing all trip logistics.
- Plan/Manage and support DARPA hosted international workshops and other forums.
- Prepare and coordinate post workshop action items, minutes other correspondence.
Develop a working relationship with counterparts in key international offices, such as:
- Office of the Deputy Undersecretary of the Air Force for International Affairs (SAF/IA);
- Office of Naval Research (ONR)
- US Air Force Material Command, Air Force Research Laboratory(AFRL)
- Technical Support Working Group (TSWG)
- Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD)
- Department of the Army (DoA)
- Navy International Program Office (NIPO)
- US and foreign embassies
Work with OUSD (AT&L)/IC and other necessary offices in developing Project Agreements (PA) to support specific DARPA programs. Prepare, or cause to be prepared, all PA documentation, Summary Statement of Intent (SSOI's), Request for Authority to Develop and Negotiate (RAD's), Request for Final Approval(RPA's), Program Security Instruction (PSI), briefings to LO/CLO, briefings to OUSD(AT&L), etc.
Develop and maintain an International document database. Include all contracts, grants, cooperative agreements, other transactions and PA's, associated country specific information, treaties, information exchange agreements, and other relevant documentation. Prepare reports and presentations as required from the database information.
Recommend to DARPA program management the appropriate instrument for international engagements associated with program execution.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Ability to work in a global environment with strong awareness and ability towards engaging with all cultures and interests is essential, as is the possession and knowledge of principles, policies, and procedures to establish and develop international research and exchange programs which enables the interface between science and development communities.
- Attend meetings (either locally or out-of-area) and create meeting summaries or trip reports
- Prepare and submit meeting minutes on an as-required basis
- Prepare/present briefings, incorporating graphics (if appropriate) for/to SID and DARPA
- Prepare various security forms associated with their duties
- Assist in entry control and perform escort duties for visitors
- Answer telephones and other modes of administrative communications in the performance
- of duties
- Perform self-inspections, identify security discrepancies, and report security incidents
- Perform, or support, security inspections, identify security discrepancies and prepare reports
- Perform courier duties within the continental United States (CONUS)
- Perform user-level security administrator and information security responsibilities as
- required and in compliance with US Codes, Executive Orders, and DoD and DARPA policy
- Perform objective reviews on all documentation encountered during performance of duties
- Possess the energy, experience, and subject matter expertise to demonstrate sound judgment, foresight and problem solving skills in a fast-pace S&T RDT&E environment
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills; demonstrating an ability to communicate, interact easily and effectively with a wide variety of individuals and echelons in both written and verbal forms
- Manage and maintain detailed information and documentation
- Possess excellent research and data-gathering skills with an ability to interpret/analyze complex information within operational Research & Development (R&D) / S&T environments
- Work independently, as well as in a team environment, within the bounds and guidelines of the organization
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org