World Monuments Fund (WMF) is seeking a qualified professional for the role of Director of Patron Programs to contribute to our global, creative, and inclusive organization and office environment.
This individual will be responsible for building the organization’s individual major gifts program and overseeing leadership gift circles. The Director of Patron Programs will report to Vice President of External Affairs. This staff member will have significant responsibilities for the management and stewardship of our existing program and a focus on creating relationships with new donors through proactive prospecting and soliciting new annual and transformational gifts to realize WMF’s strategic vision.
The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, energetic, goal-oriented development leader with demonstrated experience in running comprehensive individual giving campaigns. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator in verbal, written, and presentation forms. This staff member will have good interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with communications, development and membership colleagues to support a busy year-round schedule. This individual will advise and set strategy for best practices in development, data management, and planned giving. The Director of Patron Programs will spend a majority of time in direct interaction with donors, both in and out of the office, helping donors fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to WMF as well as travel to international destinations, assessing next steps for increased engagement, deploying other staff, including the President and Vice President of External Affairs as needed.
Major areas of responsibility and related tasks include:
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 120-150 donors and prospects with gifts of $5k+
- Create individual goals for each person in the portfolio based on the donor’s history of giving and the organization’s knowledge of that donor’s potential and interests
- Create a comprehensive plan for each donor/prospect in the portfolio and execute that plan so that individual donors are retained and upgraded
- Directly solicit major and planned gifts, and partner with senior and program staff on donor engagement opportunities
- Provide support to senior staff in preparation for solicitation or stewardship opportunities, including concise briefing materials in advance of meetings.
- Qualify new prospects for assignment to the campaign portfolio. Work with the appropriate staff to secure project information and use this information to develop materials directed at individual donors/prospects, such as highly personalized proposals that are in line with donor interests and programmatic priorities, stewardship reports that detail progress made as a result of a particular gift
- Develop and execute special cultivation and stewardship opportunities, such as small events for select donors/ prospects in the portfolio
- Oversee planning and scheduling international travel program, and deepen donor engagement through trips connected to advancing WMF’s mission
- Ensure donors receive timely and accurate acknowledgements and reports
- Track all steps in process in database
- Work collaboratively with WMF staff to gather materials such as images and program plans in support of proposals and funder updates
- Write compelling proposals, reports and correspondence in support of WMF’s strategic priorities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (prefer major in Art History, English, or International Affairs)
- 10+ years experience in fundraising, direct solicitations, and prospect research
- Excellent communication and solicitation skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (including the ability to work well with staff at all organizational levels)
- Ability and desire to travel internationally.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Results oriented
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Database experience a +
- Commensurate with experience
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org