The Program Assistant, International Programs will provide key support in project management to the American Political Science Association (APSA) for international programming, with special focus on Asia-related projects. The part-time Assistant will backstop several grant-supported projects that enhance the Association’s engagement with international political science communities and expand professional development opportunities for domestic and international scholars. In doing so, the Assistant will gain experience in project management, develop skills in grant writing and reporting, and build networks within the Asian and US political science communities.
- Support administrative and logistical planning for Asia Workshops and other international projects
- Update and manage international programs content on several online websites and social media accounts
- Build outreach lists and provide front-line outreach efforts for APSA’s Asia Workshops and other international projects
- Field e-mail inquiries among project applicants and serve as staff point-of-contact for project participants
- Manage alumni small grants program for Asia Workshops fellows
- Support grant writing and grant reporting on a variety of initiatives related to international programs
- Represent APSA at regional scholarly conferences (such as Association for Asian Studies), as needed
- Provide support to project steering committees and APSA International Committee
- Coordinate with and assist other departments with international programs-related business (i.e. Finance, Publications, Communications)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree required; Masters degree in a related field such as international affairs or public policy preferred
- Relevant experience with a solid track record handling administrative duties
- Previous experience working on international-related projects is highly desirable.
- Experience living or working abroad, especially in Asia, is preferred.
- Exceptional support skills, including the ability to respond to members, internal staff and others in a professional, knowledgeable, and friendly manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within established deadlines
- Strong computer and software knowledge with proficiency with databases, MS Suite, mail merge programs, HTML/CSS; familiarity with WordPress and/or Stata a plus
- Flexible, dependable, and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently
To be considered, submit a resume with a cover letter indicating how your experience and skills align with the description and the essential skills required of the position to APSA. Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org