We are looking for a six-month paid intern to support the work on electromobility, decarbonisation of construction sites and in shipping in inland waterways with the team of our Brussels office with a particular focus on Scandinavian countries. The envisaged start date of the internship is February 2018.
- Preparing regular news summaries and updates on climate solutions and technologies of relevance to Bellona’s work;
- Writing articles for Bellona’s website and the monthly Bellona Europa newsletter;
- Monitor, follow-up and report on legislative developments of relevance to Bellona;
- Providing practical and substantive support to the organisation of Bellona conferences and events;
- Attending advocacy meetings, conferences and events and preparing event reports and meeting notes;
- Assisting with ad-hoc translation tasks.
- An undergraduate degree, either in an Engineering field with required policy understanding or European studies, Law, Political Science or similar;
- Knowledge of EU policy and decision-making processes and institutions;
- Written and oral fluency in English;
- Familiarity with the use of Social Media platforms;
- Strong research and analytical skills, and ability to quickly grasp ideas and digest complex information into concise and informative briefs;
- Positive attitude, flexible, enthusiastic, energetic, motivated, team-player and good communicator;
- Legal right to reside and live in Belgium for a minimum of six months;
- Work experience in a relevant field and professional experience in EU institutions or civil society is an asset;
- one Scandinavian language (preferably native speaker) is an asset;
- Scandinavian policy-making knowledge is an asset.
If you wish to apply please send your CV (maximum two pages) and cover letter (maximum one page), indicating ‘Bellona Internship application’ in the subject line, by Sunday, 13 January 2019 latest. Please also indicate where you found our vacancy.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org