- Full-time (37.5 hours)
- Permanent contract
- London-based, with occasional international travel
- Salary: £33,527.88 plus 9% Employer pension contribution
- Closing date: 9.00am UK time 20 February 2019
- Interviews: 6 March 2019
We are currently seeking an Operations and Compliance Officer who is enthusiastic, able to work on their own initiative and who will relish the challenges of this role which involves implementing and maintaining systems and processes to keep people safe whilst enabling us to do our work effectively. The Operations and Compliance Officer provides project, administrative and logistical support necessary for the implementation of our safety and security, safeguarding and other compliance work.
The post holder will play a key role in liaising with programme teams, consultants and volunteers, ensuring they are safe and following our internal procedures for security and safeguarding. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Compliance Officer will be based in London and will undertake occasional travel to our global operations.
Training will be provided, experience and skills in the areas of security, safety and safeguarding is desirable.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges.
- Experience of developing compliance processes and structures
- Experience in developing and delivering systems for audit or quality assurance;
- Able to explain, advocate and express facts and ideas in a convincing manner, and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
- Strong organisational skills including planning, developing, implementing and maintaining administrative systems.
- An ability to coordinate project planning across multiple countries.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience remotely supporting partners on the successful joint delivery of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness to work irregular hours occasionally and to undertake some travel.
- Strong commitment to, and experience of, team and cross-organisational working.
- Appreciation of issues of confidentiality, and cross-cultural and political sensitivity.
- Graduate study in a relevant area (this could include law, finance, business, project management, conflict resolution, international relations, development studies, international humanitarian law, peace and security.) Local equivalent or equivalent by experience will be considered.
- Experience of hostile environment training or willingness to undertake hostile environment training.
- Experience of safeguarding training or willingness to undertake safeguarding training.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages, databases, email, internet.
- Some knowledge of and interest in peacebuilding/ humanitarian/ development sector safety and security and safeguarding issues.
- Interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation processes.
- Essential- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Desirable- Spoken or written language skills, including French or Spanish.
- 9% employer pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave + 3 Christmas office closure days + 8 UK public holidays
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Bike hire purchase scheme
- Eyecare costs contribution
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org