The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
Position: Program Assistant, Latin America and the Caribbean; and
Business Associations Program
Reports to: Deputy Regional Director, Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) and
Director, Knowledge Management (KM)
Scope: This position is based in Washington D.C. This position is responsible for providing program and administrative support for CIPE’s programs in the Latin America and Caribbean region, and supporting organizational development activities for business associations, chambers of commerce, and non-profit organizations of the Knowledge Management department.
- Create and maintain a variety of program, financial, correspondence and contract files, both in paper form and electronically
- Maintain data on CIPE’s pool of consultants and experts and help match qualified experts to program needs
- Maintain organizational development tools and content and assist program staff in accessing relevant tools and content
- Work in close collaboration with LAC Deputy Regional Director (DRD), KM Director and other CIPE departments to ensure processing of payment requests, grant modifications, documents for signature, narrative and financial reports, etc.
- Correspond via email and phone with program partners and consultants to coordinate program development and track program progression
- Assist in writing, reviewing, editing and preparing weekly and semi-annual reports, program proposals, articles and other documents for submission to donor agencies and for CIPE internal and promotional use
- Handle international travel arrangements and local meeting logistics
- Support consultants who advise CIPE on organizational development strategies, technical assistance, and training
- Coordinate an internal working group on association development under the supervision of the working group chair and the Director of KM
- Contribute to CIPE’s communications efforts
- Contribute to an organization-wide culture of innovation and high performance
- Adhere to appropriate office procedures, CIPE, NED, USAID, and other donor policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years of administrative office experience required; 2-3 years of more experience is preferred, particularly in supporting international development programs
- Background in international affairs, Latin American affairs, organizational development, or nonprofit management with an emphasis on political and economic issues and/or democracy development programs
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills required
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish required; fluency in a third language (French or Portuguese) a plus
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Good financial acumen and ability to develop and monitor project budgets
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative to manage multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision
- Strong computer skills, specifically working with MS-Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV and cover letter, writing sample and salary history to [email protected]; subject “KMLAPA-[YOURLASTNAME]”.
There is a two-page limit on writing samples. Submissions demonstrating writer’s ability to synthesize information are preferred. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.