He/she will be responsible for insuring that the service year experience is excellent for the reporter and the news organization. Responsibilities specifically would include:
- Onboarding news organizations
- Working with news organizations and corps members to address issues that arise during the year.
- Create scalable system of regional or cluster managers to do these functions as Report for America scales
- Several years experience in a volunteer, service or academic institutions
- Familiarity with the culture of local news rooms
- Some experience working with emerging journalists or early professionals
- Strong diplomatic and people-management skills
- Ideally, solid experience as an advisor, counselor, or mentor in an academic or professional setting
S/he reports directly to the program’s National Director.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org