The European Heating Oil Association (Eurofuel) represents organisations that promote the use of heating oil and liquid fuels for domestic heating in Europe. Our membership covers 10 European countries, including over 10,000 companies. Eurofuel is engaged in the promotion of existing and innovative techniques for liquid fuels for heating and equipment, in the domestic market. In this way, our members are committed to ensuring the competitiveness and efficiency of heating with oil and liquid fuels, while also reducing its environmental footprint.
The responsibilities of the Secretary General are broad and will include the following:
- Informing members about relevant legislation and policy milestones impacting their sector;
- Designing and implementing advocacy strategy about policy and regulatory issues of relevance to the business;
- Representing the interests of the oil and liquid fuel heating sector towards European institutions and stakeholders;
- Drafting, coordinating and circulating industry messages in the form of position papers, press releases, information leaflets and others to relevant audiences;
- Attending relevant events, presenting Eurofuel and industry achievements at speaking platforms and organising policy debates and technical workshops;
- Managing the association’s external communication tools, including website and social media channels;
- Collecting data about the industry for internal use and external communication purposes;
- Coordinating the activities of the association;
- Maintaining and developing the association’s membership.
To be considered for the position, prospective candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level
- Fluent written and spoken English, and be able to speak and write at least one of the following to a high standard; - German or French.
- Show a good understanding of climate change issues in Europe and the need for a very gradual phasing out of fossil fuels and, in heating, for the replacement of oil with alternative liquid fuels.
- Have, or be keen to develop, a passion about a future for liquid heating fuels.
- Demonstrate strong administration skills – keeping to deadlines and managing work that has been delegated to outside agencies, members, etc.
- Able to make presentations to senior figures in a professional, interesting and engaging way.
- Demostrate a proven record of ability to persuade politicians and officials of structured arguments which has led to the amendment of proposed legislation.
- A self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
Eurofuel has retained Rtesian Resources as its recruitment partner for this position, and applicants should send a letter of motivation together with cv and salary expectations by the end of 28 February to Ian Burns at [email protected]. Only candidates being considered for selection will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org